"The Beast" Brock Lesnar (49) returned to the ring. The World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) icon surprised everyone by returning a month after hinting at retirement.

Give Me Sport reported on the 20th (KST), "After Lesnar's shocking WWE Raw return his 'real' plans for the future were revealed. He made a surprise appearance on this Monday's WWE Raw, shocking fans."

Lesnar appeared at Monday Night Raw held on the 18th at the Greensboro Coliseum Complex in Greensboro, North Carolina. It was literally an unbelievable entrance. As Otis entered the ring to conduct an open challenge, Lesnar appeared from behind and launched a surprise attack.

Wearing jeans, Lesnar immediately fired his signature F-5 four times in succession, sending the crowd into a frenzy. He smiled as he looked down at Otis, who lay on the mat in pain, and cheers erupted from the stands.

It was a comeback stage that dismissed retirement rumors. Lesnar had hinted at retirement after losing to Otis at WrestleMania 42 in Las Vegas, Nevada, last month. At that time he lost in 4 minutes 42 seconds, couldn't hold back tears, and lingered in the ring for a while.

Then Lesnar slowly rose to his feet, sat down, and placed his gloves and boots in the center of the ring. This action signifies the end of a career in professional wrestling.

Afterward Lesnar hugged his longtime friend and on-screen partner Paul Heyman warmly, turned, waved to the audience, and bade farewell. The broadcast captured fans shouting "thank you, Lesnar" as he left the ring for the last time.

Moreover, Lesnar did not appear on the Monday Night Raw scheduled for the next day. Heyman also suggested Lesnar's retirement, saying, "Take him out of 'Now' and move him to 'Forever.' He is no longer 'Now' and will remain forever the greatest presence to ever stand in the WWE ring. That name is Brock Lesnar!"

However, WWE did not officially announce Lesnar's retirement. It was reported that Lesnar had not planned to retire in that match. WWE chief content officer Triple H said the scene was completely unscripted.

Ultimately Lesnar announced his return by coming back to the ring a month later. The rumor that he was not fully retired and could return for a large sum proved to be true.

Lesnar actually filed retirement papers, but he is now reported to have officially returned and will continue his activities. The WWE SummerSlam held in his hometown of Minnesota in August is likely to be his true retirement stage.

Lesnar will now have a rematch with Otis at Clash in Italy later this month. Give Me Sport said, "Their first match at WrestleMania played out like a 'generational change' moment. As such, attention is focused on what direction WWE will choose after bringing superstar Lesnar back."

[Photo] ⓒGettyimages (unauthorized reproduction and redistribution prohibited), The Mat Cam, Wrestle Update social media.

[OSEN]

※ This article has been translated by AI. Share your feedback here.