A man in his 30s who broke into the home of singer-actor Nana and committed a robbery filed a complaint accusing Nana of attempted murder, but was instead sent to prosecutors on suspicion of false accusation.
Guri Police Station in Gyeonggi said on the 20th that it referred a man in his 30s, identified as A, to the prosecution on the 8th of last month on suspicion of false accusation.
A is accused of submitting a false complaint alleging attempted murder and aggravated assault with a weapon with the intent to have Nana face criminal punishment.
A is said to have filed a complaint at a detention center in December last year, claiming that he did not possess a weapon when he entered the home and that he was instead injured by Nana with a weapon.
After the complaint was filed, police, following procedure, booked Nana as a suspect and questioned her, but decided not to refer the case, finding no suspicion because the conduct at the time constituted self-defense.
Afterward, Nana's agency, Sublime, proceeded with a complaint against A on suspicion of false accusation, concluding that A's claims were false.
Police reviewed investigative records prepared when A was arrested in the act and determined there were sufficient indications of a false complaint, then sent the case to prosecutors.
Earlier, on Nov. 15 last year, A was indicted and detained on charges of breaking into Nana's home in Acheondong, Guri, Gyeonggi, with a weapon, threatening and injuring Nana and her mother, and then demanding money.
On the 19th, at the sentencing hearing for A, who was indicted on charges of robbery resulting in injury, prosecutors sought a 10-year prison term.