Yongin, Gyeonggi Province, said on the 27th that from May 1 to 20 it will accept applications for the "illegal banner citizen collection team" at the Community Service Center for the applicant's legal address in each eup, myeon and dong.
A total of 39 people will be recruited for this citizen collection team. Eligible applicants are citizens ages 20 and older but under 70 who reside in Yongin and can take photos with a smartphone and register maintenance results. However, advertising maintenance workers, sanitation workers, outdoor advertising workers, and those participating in public jobs and Hope Jobs (including family members) are excluded from applying.
Those who wish to apply should submit an application form for participation, a consent form for the collection, use and provision of personal information, an ID photo, and a copy of the resident registration, etc., to the Community Service Center for the applicant's legal address in each eup, myeon and dong.
Yongin will select the citizen collection team through document screening and review, and on June 26 will appoint those who complete the prior training as members of the citizen collection team. The activity period runs from July to December.
Members of the citizen collection team can receive up to 1 million won per person per month in rewards for the illegal commercial banners they collect. The reward is 3,000 won per horizontal banner and 1,500 won per scroll-type banner.
A Yongin official said, "Operating the illegal banner citizen collection team last year delivered good results in cleaning up illegal banners," and added, "This year, we will continue the program to build a citizen-participation-based urban environment maintenance system."