Singer Yu Seung-jun (Steve Yoo) once again revealed the truth about fake news surrounding him.
On the 21st, a video titled "I will correct the lies and rumors now|Yu Seung-jun Q&A" was posted on Yu Seung-jun's YouTube channel.
Regarding past controversies, Yu Seung-jun said, "I thought I only had to endure for six months. I thought they would allow entertainment activities after work; is that a fact?" and expressed incredulity, "You are greatly mistaken; previously SBS directly asked the Military Manpower Administration. The Military Manpower Administration said there was no such thing. Who would let someone do entertainment activities after work?"
He also said in response to the remark "I heard two public officials were fired," "There was no such thing at all. When I left for the U.S., I clearly said I would go after performing in Japan and the U.S., and two acquaintances of Daiei should have been named as guarantors. The public officials did not receive any other disciplinary action."
He went on to cutly say, "The claims that public officials lost their jobs or were fined because I didn't return are all rumors. Also untrue are claims that they would let me do public service near where I live for my convenience or make me a Marine Corps goodwill ambassador." He added with frustration, "It doesn't matter. It's too petty to say it's okay to believe me. To me it's 'too old news.'"
Recalling the height of his popularity in Korea, Yu Seung-jun said, "I wanted to marry my wife quickly. After releasing two albums and such, I felt a heavy responsibility to work more. I actually wanted to marry then. I wanted to build a beautiful family. In hindsight, I gained much more from things not going my way than what I wanted. That was the most valuable and precious thing. Even if things had gone too well, there's no guarantee you could build a beautiful family. If I had to choose, I would have chosen family over my career. I gained the most precious thing," showing his affection for his family.
Meanwhile, the appeal trial for Yu Seung-jun's third visa issuance lawsuit will begin in July. According to legal sources, the Seoul High Court Administrative Division 8-2 (Presiding judges Kim Bong-won, Lee Young-chang, Choi Bong-hee) will hold the first oral argument of the appeal on July 3 in the morning for Yu Seung-jun's lawsuit seeking cancellation of the refusal to issue a visa filed against the Consulate General of the Republic of Korea in Los Angeles.
[Photo] YouTube video capture
[OSEN]