YouTuber Yoo Jun-ho, who has 1.12 million subscribers, will delete the channel he has operated for 13 years.
Yoo Jun-ho said on his YouTube channel on the 19th, "This channel is scheduled to be deleted on May 20, 2026."
Regarding the channel deletion, Yoo Jun-ho said, "Sony Music Entertainment Japan exercised copyright rights over the dubbed videos of 'Demon Slayer,' and as those videos were deleted the channel itself entered the process of being terminated," and explained, "Because the upload function is currently suspended, I am conveying this situation at least through a community post."
He added, "I sent emails to Sony asking for leniency and tried to contact them in other ways, but I could not find a solution within a week. It is natural for the copyright holder to exercise their rights, and as a secondary creator I am in a position to accept that decision," and said, "More than feeling wronged, I think it was actually lucky that I was able to continue for this long."
He also said, "Having made secondary works for 13 years, I always knew this day could come someday, so when it actually came I accepted it more calmly than I expected."
Yoo Jun-ho said, "Actually, recently I had been moving away from dubbing and starting something new as an actor, so in a way I think this might be a natural ending."
Since 2013 Yoo Jun-ho has gained popularity through various dubbed content such as drama, games and animation, and he is active as a YouTuber, film director and singer.
Below is the full statement from Yoo Jun-ho.
Hello, this is Yoo Jun-ho.
This channel is scheduled to be deleted on May 20, 2026.
Sony Music Entertainment Japan exercised copyright rights over the dubbed videos of Demon Slayer, and as those videos were deleted the channel itself entered the process of being terminated.
Because the upload function is currently suspended, I am conveying this situation at least through a community post.
I sent emails to Sony asking for leniency and tried to contact them in other ways, but I could not find a solution within a week.
It is natural for the copyright holder to exercise their rights, and as a secondary creator I am in a position to accept that decision.
More than feeling wronged, I think it was actually lucky that I was able to continue for this long.
Having made secondary works for 13 years, I always knew this day could come someday, so when it actually came I accepted it more calmly than I expected.
But what I still feel sad about are the comments attached to each video.
I read them one by one, laughed to myself and drew a lot of strength from them. That those comments will disappear along with this channel is what I regret most.
So I spent a week reading past comments.
My long-standing goal was to reach 1 million with dubbing, and I still can't quite believe the number has reached 1.12 million.
Thank you for listening to my voice until now.
Actually, recently I had been moving away from dubbing and starting something new as an actor, so in a way I think this might be a natural ending.
Immediately after the channel is deleted, functions for all channels linked to the account may be suspended, so I have not created a new channel to be transferred to.
News about the new channel will be shared first on Instagram.
I will put a period on Yoo Jun-ho as a dubber here, and now I will meet you in a different form.
Please take interest in my upcoming new activities and I would appreciate your support.
From Sept. 6, 2013 until now, thank you so much.
[Photo] Yoo Jun-ho SNS.
[OSEN]